Private and spacious, recently updated 2 bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor of a 2 flat in Irving Park East, just one block north of Avondale. Features and amenities include:Guest access
- Spacious at approximately 1000 square feet, perfect for families
- Minutes from the CTA Blue Line, CTA buses and ample nightlife
- Well-lit modern interior with natural light and skylights
- Modern bathroom with large soaking tub, shower, sink and toilet
- Full kitchen with microwave, fridge, gas oven/range, electric hot water kettle, Kuerig coffee maker and kitchen basics (plates, cups, knives, forks and basic pots and pans & utensils)
- Convertible sofa bed that sleeps two, extra bedding provided
- Central heating and air conditioning
- Full sized washer and dryer in the unit to do laundry during your stay (note: spin cycle causes vibrations)
- Ample FREE on-street parking nearby
- Basic furnishings (desk, sofa, dressers, closets, table, kitchen and bath essentials, Keurig coffee maker, small ironing board, iron, clean towels and wash cloths, extra blankets, hair dryer)
- Large 42" flat screen HDTV equipped with Roku
A key code system allows you to come and go as you please and does not require the host to physically meet you in order to gain entry. Arrival anytime after our posted check in time is fine by us! See house rules for more details.Additional notes
- Please make sure you review the house rules before you decide to book the apartment.Guest interaction
- The rear door should be used only in the case of an emergency. The light switch for the rear porch is to the left of the door. It leads to the enclosed rear porch.
The apartment is completely private and is intended to be your private home in the city during your stay.Neighborhood overview
We currently live onsite and are always available by phone and email in case of emergencies or if you have general questions.
We are not overbearing hosts, but we’d love to help with restaurant and bar recommendations, ideas about what to see and do while you’re here, or any general questions that you have about your stay.
Welcome—and have a great stay!
Irving Park is located 7 miles from downtown, (30-45 min by public transit) and 3.5 miles from Wrigley field (20-45 min by bus). A 12 min walk to the CTA blue line (Addison station) & 1 block to the Addison bus (152). A family & pet-friendly neighborhood that has local fare (from fast food to Michelin star rated restaurant) & a grocery store within walking distance.Getting around
What makes our neighborhood great? Tree lined streets, friendly neighbors, and easy access to all the things you need. Only three miles directly east of us is the famous Wrigley Field, home of the 2016 World Series winners! Go Cubs Go! It takes only 15 minutes on the bus to get to Wrigley.
Directly around us: We are only a couple blocks from the Addison Mall, which contains stores like Target (with Starbucks on the 2nd floor), Carters, Dollar Tree, Famous Footwear, etc. Within a 10-minute walk, you can get to a 24 hour grocery store (Jewel), to several banks (Chase and BMO), and to restaurants like Chipotle, Panda Express, Starbucks, Golden Nugget Pancake House, Pitchfork Food & Saloon, Parachute, Cafe Beograd, Dunkin' Donuts, Patino's Grill, Jet's Pizza, Burger King, Taco Bell, Dapper's East, White Castle and many more. Also within a 10-minute walk, you can enjoy several Chicago city parks: Sacramento Playlot, California Park, and Horner Park. If you want to walk 12-20 minutes, you can get to even more, like Athletic Field Park, Independence Park, The PrivateBank Fire Pitch, Elston Park, and Brands Park! The McFetridge Sports Center is a 10-min walk away, if you want to ice skate, take fitness or yoga classes, or play tennis.
Other popular neighborhoods are close by. We’re just north of Avondale, home to Revolution Brewery Tasting Room and other Breweries. Within a 10-15 minute drive, you can get to some hot neighborhoods like Wicker Park, Bucktown, Lincoln Square, Logan Square, and Roscoe Village with many more shopping, dining, and activity opportunities! It takes only 10 minutes to get to North Park where you find two major universities: North Park University and Northeastern Illinois University.
We are less than a mile from the I-90/94, so it takes only 5 minutes from the highway to get to your apartment. When traffic is light, you can get to O'Hare in under 20 minutes! Our neighborhood is serviced by two major bus lines (Addison #152 and Irving Park #80) and we are less than a mile from the Blue line (L train). If you take either of the buses east, you can hop on the Brown line or Red line to access more parts of the city. We have free street parking on our street and the surrounding ones. Most things you need are within a short walk!